Sunday, October 19, 2008

40 Days for Life Midpoint Prayer Services draws enthusiastic crowd

Pastors Keith M. Doyle and Ross Martin of Cornerstone Church in Waterloo, WI led 40 Days for Life Madison in prayer and song during the group's midpoint prayer service held on Thursday, October 16.

With the last rays of sunlight cast shadows in front of Planned Parenthood, Tom Lang welcomed the crowd of more than 30 Christians gathered to pray for an end to abortion. Martin then led the group in singing "Amazing Grace." Following another spirited hymn, Doyle offered an inspiring reflection on Psalm 139.

Lang provided closing remarks on the vitality and importance of the pro-life movement, and Martin complied as the crowd requested him to lead it in additional praise and worship songs.

Prayer service attendees were slow to disperse. Nearly a dozen remained praying in front of the abortion center several hours after the event ended.

An excerpt from Psalm 139

You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you, so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your works! My very self you knew; my bones were not hidden from you when I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes foresaw my actions; in your book all are written down; my days were shaped, before one came to be.
How precious to me are your designs, O God; how vast the sum of them!
Were I to count, they would outnumber the sands; to finish, I would need eternity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post says there were thirty Christians, but I'm sure all pro-life folks aren't necessarily Christian. There are even atheists who are pro-life.